Google Ads Restricted and Prohibited Drug Term Policies
Google Ads is an online advertising platform developed by Google. It allows businesses and individuals to create and display ads on Google and its digital marketing network. Businesses can reach potential customers through various channels, including search engines, websites, and apps.
None more so than ketamine clinics can benefit from digital marketing by reaching a wider audience and increasing brand awareness. By leveraging digital marketing channels, such as Google Ads, social media, and email marketing, ketamine clinics can target potential patients who are looking for information about ketamine treatment.
Unfortunately, advertising for ketamine clinics through Google Ads is to pulling teeth. One of the main challenges for advertising ketamine clinics is that the use of ketamine for the treatment of certain conditions is not yet fully approved by regulatory bodies. Google prohibits the promotion of unproven medical treatments.
It’s important to have a proper understanding of the current policies and guidelines before advertising a ketamine clinic through Google Ads. Also, it’s wise to consult with legal and regulatory experts to ensure that your ads are fully compliant with laws and regulations.
Here’s a few tips to try.
How to Safely Advertise Ketamine Treatment
1. Target Neighboring Treatments
If you’re running a ketamine clinic, it’s tempting to just target people who are searching for the word “ketamine.” But that’s not the best strategy.
You need to put your ads in front of people who are searching for a solution to their ailment–regardless of whether they’re directly searching for ketamine or not.
If someone is suffering from chronic pain/depression/anxiety and they’ve tried everything else, they might be willing to try something new if it means they can get some relief. You want your ads in front of those people! By identifying and targeting specific keywords, you create content that is more relevant and appealing to specific groups of patients, and increase the chances that your content will be found by those patients.
More on SEO-friendly content in a bit.
2. Focus on Patient-Centered Content
Patient-centered content marketing focuses on creating and sharing content that addresses the needs and concerns of patients, rather than promoting a product or service. To focus on patient-centered content marketing, you can:
- Conduct research to understand your target audience and their needs.
- Create content that addresses common questions, concerns, or issues that patients may have.
- Use a patient-friendly tone and language in your content.
- Share stories and testimonials from real patients to demonstrate how your product or service has helped them.
- Encourage engagement and feedback from patients to ensure that your content is relevant and useful.
- Make sure that your website and social media platforms are engaging and easy to navigate.
- Partner with influencers and patient advocacy groups to share your content and expand your reach.
- Continuously measure and analyze the performance of your content, and adjust your strategy as needed.
3. Optimize Your Website for Search Engines
Your landing page is the first thing that people see when they search for your business. It’s where you’ll get most of your traffic. As well as where people will decide whether or not they want to come in for treatment. The goal of a landing page is to get first-time visitors to take action and convert into returning users. This is where bounce rate comes into play.
A low bounce rate is considered to be an important metric in the digital world, particularly in the realm of website analytics. A bounce rate refers to the percentage of visitors who leave a website after only viewing one page. A low bounce rate indicates that a large percentage of visitors are engaging with the website and exploring multiple pages, rather than quickly leaving.
To avoid a high bounce rate, you need to make sure that your landing page is optimized for search engines (e.g. Google, Yahoo, Bing).
There are several ways to optimize a website for search engines:
- Use relevant keywords in the page title, meta description, and throughout the content.
- Create high-quality, unique content that is informative and valuable to users.
- Use header tags (H1, H2, H3, etc.) to structure the content and make it easy for users and search engines to understand the main points.
- Improve the website’s loading speed by optimizing images and using a content delivery network (CDN).
- Ensure that your website is mobile-friendly, as mobile-friendliness is a ranking factor.
- Make sure your website’s URLs are clean and easy to understand.
- Use analytics tools to continuously track the website’s performance and make data-driven decisions about optimization.